Software Engineer (Java,Rest, Microservices)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position- Software Engineer (Java,Rest,Microservices)
As a Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, creating, and enhancing multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming a large volume of structured and semi-structured fast-moving data.
Many organizations are just beginning to realize the amazing power and efficiencies enabled by the cloud. But our teams have been there for years, and our Emerging Technologies team has been at the forefront of cloud technology, developing innovative tools and systems that are giving customers better visibility and security than they’ve ever had. The cloud is transforming business, and the Emerging Technologies team offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of security in the cloud.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Design Database schema and modeling, designing and implementing API's that provide access to feature and functionality with an eye towards scale and security
- Maintain and enhance a platform to collect and ingest several billion (and growing) log events from our globally distributed cloud infrastructure and provide actionable insights and visibility to our customers and researchers.
- 3-5 years of experience in Java development in a highly distributed and enterprise scale environment
- Strong database knowledge of SQL constructs, and data modeling
- Familiarity with implementing services following the REST model
- Ability to learn, evaluate and adopt new technologies
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with streaming data processing infrastructure and/or experience with identities and access management systems, like Okta, SAML protocols, and security services.
- Experience with data serialization techniques and data stores for persisting events.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure services on AWS/Azure.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.