Sales Engineering Manager - Global Channels
We are looking for people who are sharp, creative and hardworking, with an unwavering desire to be the best.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well-positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the Cloud First world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Supportive Leadership – An industry-leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that will help you succeed quickly while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
As a Zscaler Sales Engineering Manager - Global Channels, you and the Area Channel Leader will be responsible for building and developing a high talent team to help our largest and most strategic partners drive transformation for our joint customers’ network and application access with Zscaler cloud security solutions.
To accomplish this, the Sales Engineering Manager - Global Channels must be able to translate business objectives into actionable recommendations. The Sales Engineering Manager - Global Channels inspires, builds and develops Technical Teams. The key required qualities are excellent communication skills, orchestrating resources, defining a technical plan for the area and developing the technical team. As the Sales Engineering Manager - Global Channels, you are responsible for building a quarterly and yearly technical plan with key initiatives and executing it with alignment to the area’s objectives.
What we expect you to do:
Within 30 Days
- You will be expected to fully understand how Zscaler helps organisations support their digital transformation journey
- You will be expected to get hands on knowledge and experience with the Zscaler cloud platform
- You will be expected to understand your team
- You will be expected to hire and build talent
- You will be expected to familiarise yourself with Zscaler’s products and messaging and understand how we do things
- You will connect with your peers throughout your region and the rest of Zscaler organization to learn and share experience
- You will be participating in multiple transformational workshops understanding the digital journey Zscaler customers undertake
Within 60 Days
- You will be expected to ensure all technical process are in place and implemented
- You will be implementing personal development plans for each individual on your staff
- You will be expected to speak at public events
- You will be orchestrating resources to ensure optimum engagement with critical partners in your region
- You will be assisting Area Channels Leader in building a partner strategy
Within 90 Days
- You will be facilitating complex sales-cycles between partner and Zscaler field sellers which include our entire portfolio of products and present to partner Director, VP, and C-level executives
- You will be Providing technical thought leadership and advice to the regional team
- You will be Utilising both internal and external resources to ensure partner success
- You will have Built effective relationships with Partners, the Zscaler field sellers and Zscaler staff (products, services, marketing and support)
What we expect from you
- BSCS or equivalent with extensive experience as a Sales or Channels Engineering leader
- Having performed similar leadership roles and led regional teams
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling network security technologies
- You will have worked with Channel partners and you will have a solid understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- A familiarity with SaaS based technologies and their implication.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyse complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in building the most effective team
- You must demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, whilst demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with associates and customers
- You must demonstrate the effective transfer of thoughts and expresses ideas using speech and listening skills to influences others and gain support
- You will be persistent, despite obstacles, opposition or setbacks and you will consistently convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Zscaler’s products and strategies
- Likes to be the first to know something and to understand why and how things happen
- Develop and deliver innovative custom solutions offerings, including solution concepts to key partner decision makers to address their customers’ business issues and needs showing business value.
- Think beyond traditional measures of value ($) and incorporate risk, time, quality and other KPIs in the value proposition
- Support Marketing with evangelism activities
- Able to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you will be learning cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A Fun, Passionate and Collaborative workplace
- Competitive Salary and Benefits, including Equity
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.