Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Networking
Position: Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Networking
Location: Burnaby, Canada
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler’s Emerging Technology team is working on revolutionary new products including Zscaler Private Access (ZPA). This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is charting new ground in cloud security technology.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work on building the next generation Microservices for Zscaler's Private Access (ZPA) product. The Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) service enables organizations to provide access to internal applications and services while ensuring the security of their networks. ZPA is an easier to deploy, more cost-effective, and more secure alternative to VPNs. Unlike VPNs, which require users to connect to your network to access your enterprise applications, ZPA allows you to give users policy-based secure access only to the internal apps they need to get their work done. With ZPA, application access does not require network access.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing, creating, and enhancing multi-tenant systems that are highly scalable and performant.
- 12+ years of experience in C, enterprise in a highly distributed and enterprise-scale environment
- Strong database knowledge of SQL constructs, and data modeling
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to learn, evaluate and adopt new technologies
- Demonstrated ability with filing patents and IDF’s, and work with early product to maturity.
- Work across cross-functional groups.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Very strong design and development skills for high-volume production applications
- TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP, DNS, and other related protocols
- Experience developing distributed software product architectures
- Unix/Linux Kernel & file system
- Experience coding in C/C++ and other technologies
- Experience working with large data sets
- Strong software design, profiling, and verification skills
- Deep understanding of the concepts behind solid software design: Abstraction, Modularity, Design Patterns, Representation Invariants, etc.
- Networking, wireless, and/or security experience or knowledge preferred
- Work experience through complete software project delivery cycles
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate, and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.