Manager, Network Engineering
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Manager, Network Engineering
(We will only consider applications from candidates who currently reside AND are eligible to work in Singapore)
The Manager, Network Engineering will be primarily responsible to help scale our rapidly growing global network infrastructure and manage a team of skilled senior engineers. This includes the development and support of our expanding next-generation architecture, enabling high scale growth and increased stability and performance.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- This position includes responsibilities for providing overall leadership to the team, setting the direction for the team, ensuring all commitments are met.
- You will lead a Network team consisting of individual contributors from the operation engineering discipline.
- You will be working with a team of engineers and will be responsible for deploying, operating, monitoring, and supporting the network infrastructures inside multiple datacenters.
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record of operating enterprise or telecom data center networks, and is a creative thinker, problem solver, learner, and a fantastic manager of people, and is motivated with engineering excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of Hands-on experience in BGP routing operation, design, and troubleshooting in both IPv4 and IPv6 for Enterprise or Telecom networks.
- Deep knowledge of DNS, HTTPS, GRE, and IPsec protocols with hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge and experience WireShark, Linux/Unix shell scripts, and Network equipment and the functions they perform.
- Ability to lead and influence team members to achieve consensus on technical discussions including architecture, design, operation guidelines, etc.
- Experience in managing a team of 2-3 engineers for 2 or more years.
- Besides English (must), fluent to native-speaker level in at least one Asian language.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.