Java Software Engineer (Java 11, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate ORM)
Position: Java Software Engineer (Java 11, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate)
Location: Burlington, MA, USA + Surrounding Areas
At Zscaler, we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are seeking a self-driven, innovative, hands-on Principal Software Engineer to join our our engineering team, building the backend of the Zscaler cloud-based zero trust security platform.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 3 years of related experience.
- Thrive in an energetic, highly collaborative workplace; actively engage in all phases of the development process
- Design excellent, scalable, sustainable software systems and components
- Identify gaps or deficiencies in the existing product and advocate for the necessary changes to address them
- Document, socialize, and prioritize architectural and non-functional requirements
- Must be comfortable with modern Java stack: Java 11, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate ORM, JPA, JDBC, FlywayDB
- Other languages are a plus: Python, Go, Scala
- Able to follow best practices and write clean robust code:
- e2e and Unit testing
- Code coverage and static analysis
- Minimizing boilerplate
- Code reuse across the team
- Quality over quantity of Java development experience
- Relational and NoSQL/document DBs - PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, RethinkDB, Redis
- Stream processing and message bus technologies – Kafka, RabbitMQ, AMPQ, NATS
- Amazon Web Services - at the very minimum - EC2, S3, RDS, ELB
- Integration of backend services with UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, EmberJS)
Ideally familiar with:
- Scalable cloud based application design - service discovery, microservices architectures, cloud-native design patterns - autoscaling, circuit breakers, sharding, load balancing, fault tolerance
- Docker container ecosystem, deployment using containers, clustering - swarm, Kubernetes, Mesosphere.
- High volume data streaming - Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Storm, Spark Streaming
- Search engines - Elastic
- JVM performance and GC tuning for server applications
- Approaches to monitoring, performance measurements and instrumentation at high scale
- Build processes for modern Java stack - gradle, maven, Jenkins pipeline
- Recent C++ experience
- Linux and Windows kernel level experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200+ of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.9/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.