Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Position: Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer to join our team as we build and manage our global cloud platform infrastructure. Zscaler's cloud platform is one of the world's largest private clouds delivering Security-as-a-Service to the world's leading enterprise companies.
You will have the opportunity to learn and challenge yourself technically working in a very complex technical environment.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Design and deploy various customer facing Linux and BSD based systems infrastructures
- Create and deploy scalable monitoring systems for massively growing global infrastructure
- Architect and implement various cloud management automations
- Contribute to OS packaging and distribution
- Write, augment and maintain Ops documentations
- Resolve NOC escalations and help prevent reiteration of those incidents by creating NOC processes, procedures and automations
- Linux/UNIX system engineering (create and support highly scalable compute solutions)
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement desired solutions providing best practice advice to other teams to optimize Zscaler Cloud effectiveness.
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Development Groups, Configuration Management and NOC
- Work as a member of a cross-functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility
- 6 years of experience in a Linux/UNIX System Administration or lead DevOps role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving computer systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Perl
Preferred Qualifications/Your Background:
- Comfort and experience with Ops environment growing at a rapid scale
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Hands on experience with immutable infrastructure and using infrastructure as code tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar.
- Knowledge of Virtualization, OpenStack, Cloud Architecture and Services, Automated Deployments, API, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong background in Linux/Unix system administration
- Excellent scripting skills and experience (Bash & Python/Perl) (Python preferred)
- Experience maintaining and deploying systems and software in diverse environments
- Strong understanding of web security and protocols HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, SQL Network fundamentals DHCP, ARP, Subnetting, Routing, NAT, Firewalls, IPv4 and IPv6
- Rich DevOps skills across CI/CD, SCM, Static Code Analyzer, Builds and Releases, Continuous Integration Tools and frameworks (e.g. SVN, GIT, Jenkin, BitBucket, etc)
- Knowledge of advanced networking technologies and services including SDN, NFV, SDWAN, MPLS, BGP routing, switching, VXLANs, and architectures is a definite plus
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.