Product Support Engineer
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the Cloud First world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Supportive Leadership – An industry-leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that will help you succeed quickly while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
Zscaler recently expanded its product portfolio by acquiring Edgewise Networks. Edgewise Networks pioneered identity-based microsegmentation for use in securing the datacenter, preventing the propagation of malware and stopping malicious lateral movement. This role will be part of a team focused on providing premiere product support, professional services, and technical account management for the Edgewise product.
Zscaler seeks a self-motivated and technically skilled individual to manage and execute product support, professional services, and technical account management (TAM) objectives. This individual will focus on the microsegmentation product portfolio that Zscaler acquired via Edgewise Networks.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Train and become an expert at using the Edgewise platform.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of all Zscaler products and services.
- Interact with customers using a variety of mediums (phone, email, on-site) in a professional and efficient manner.
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Zscaler Product Management based on customer requirements.
- Triage, escalate, and drive satisfactory resolution of customers' technical support issues.
- Work with customers to provide engineering with logs, screenshots, and complete error descriptions.
- Maintain communication with the customer during the support issue process through to resolution.
- Contribute to KB articles and other collateral to help the team provide customers with the best possible support.
- Expected to be available to be on call during non-operational hours as part of a periodical support rotation.
- Assist the customer with implementing Edgewise in their environment.
- Investigate and implement solutions to questions and concerns that arise during implementation.
- Develop an understanding of common infrastructure applications, protection strategies, and how to apply them to customer environments.
Technical Account Management
- Manage the Premium Support relationship and ensures that Zscaler is and continues to be considered a key technology partner within the account.
- Proactively update customers about Zscaler product updates; upgrade and ensure necessary action to maintain availability and customer satisfaction.
- Expected to be available to be on call when contacted by assigned premium support customers for P0/P1 customer-impacting issues during non-operational hours.
- 4 years experience in a highly technical role.
- 2 years experience in technical support, professional services, TAM, or a similar customer-facing role.
- Experience in implementing/supporting enterprise security solutions.
- Experience in the information security industry.
- Committed desire to provide customer satisfaction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Troubleshooting and customer management skills is a must.
- In-depth understanding of common on-premises and cloud virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with common infrastructure applications such as Microsoft Active Directory.
- Good understanding of security fundamentals such as firewalls and proxies.
- Familiarity with network architectures and network routing concepts.
- Basic scripting/programming experience (bash, PowerShell, Python) is an added advantage.
- Experience directly managing physical and/or virtual infrastructure is an added advantage.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.