Network Operations Engineer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Network Operations Engineer
(We will only consider applications from candidates who currently reside AND are eligible to work in Singapore)
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Daily work on Ethernet switch configuration and network troubleshooting that includes Layer-2 and Layer-3 (BGP).
- Primary responder for internal escalation tickets from the Technical Support team related to customers.
- Follow documentation and process that is used in preparation, installation, and wiring of systems.
- Prepare to install instructions for the remote server and networking equipment installation and wiring.
- Assists remote data center and contractor staff during the course of change and installation, then validate and update info to internal records.
- Interface with vendors and contractors directly through phone calls, Emails, and via ticketing systems.
- Attend team and vendor meetings to plan and schedule maintenance and repair work
- Server or network equipment component repair, replacement, software, and firmware updates.
- Occasional ability to travel internationally to the USA or other Asian countries.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Organization skills and experience working with ticketing and inventory systems.
- Experience in remote Data Centre operations.
- 3+ years of experience on high-speed copper and fiber Ethernet switch network Layer-2 BGP protocols and Layer-3 BGP protocols.
- Long hands-on experience in BGP routing operation, design, and troubleshooting in both IPv4 and IPv6 for large scale Enterprise networks or Telecom networks.
- Deep knowledge of DNS, HTTPS, GRE, and IPsec protocols with hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge and experience in IP-packet analysis by using WireShark.
- Knowledge and experience on Linux/Unix, and Network equipment and the functions they perform.
- Familiar with Unix Shell scripts. Python or Perl is a plus.
- CCNP, JNCIP related certification classes is a plus.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and changing priorities.
- Besides English (must), fluent to native-speaker level in at least one Asian language.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.