Senior Installation Engineer
Zones is looking for a Senior Installation Engineer. In this position you will undertake the physical installation and configuration of varied computer and audio-visual equipment which includes but not limited to, End User Compute, Servers, Display Screens, Projectors and Unified Communication solutions. These devices may be attached to various surfaces including floor, ceiling and walls. Cables may also have to be routed and terminated with appropriate connectors. You will also interface with external customers to conduct site surveys of the installation location prior to starting any works.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Senior Installation Engineer is primarily responsible for:
- Provide onsite guidance and support to Installation and Field Service engineers
- Assist with onsite technical escalations from Installation and Field Service engineers and interface with the project team
- Work with the wider Zones technical teams to create device configurations
- Travel to customer locations and possess a flexible work schedule, this may require overnight stays
- Build, install and configure a variety of equipment and diagnose faults on a variety of IT and audio-visual related issues
- Install and terminate cable runs in a tidy and professional manor
- Interact with customers on site.
- Conducting site surveys to gather all the required information to undertake any planed works
- Being able to work in a complex customer environment with scenarios of scope change
- Providing status updates and feedback during the installation process
- Incident troubleshooting and resolution, including documentation of root cause analysis
- Initiate escalation processes as appropriate to other resources
- Complete on site projects in a timely and professional manner
- Provide accurate communication of issues to management
- Complete appropriate paperwork as required for customer acceptance
- Creation of any documentation relating to an installation as well as updating existing documentation
- Maybe responsible for operating company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience with understanding floor plans and translate them into a Scope of Works that defines all the activities relating to an installation.
- Experience with comprehending network connectivity designs
- A good understanding of Ethernet networks ideally with Cisco CCNA / CompTIA Network+ or equivalent certification
- Have the hands-on skills, knowledge and experience with mounting devices to various surfaces
- Ability to work at a height above 3 meters when required
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to travel, which will include working off-hours, weekends and staying overnight with prior notification
- Candidates with hands on experience with products from the following vendors; Barco, Cisco, Crestron, Microsoft and Qmatic preferred though appropriate training will be given
- Candidates are required to possess basic electrical knowledge and be able to use a multimeter to diagnose and isolate faulty cabling
- Fluent in the local language and the ability to communicate at a technical level in English as a minimum
In order to carry out activities on site it is mandatory that a successful candidate has a suitable sized vehicle available, to securely transport hardware and hold consumables stock. E.g. a large car, car derived van, van.
It is preferred but not essential that engineers are able to provide their own tools and working equipment.
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernisation, Network Optimisation, Data Centre Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Our London HQ, based in the heart of The City, houses our Sales, Operations, Technical Services, Finance and HR teams while our Warehouse facility in Greenford, Middlesex is home to our Despatch, Logistics and Configuration teams.
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme, SmartFit™ – Discounted gym memberships and fitness classes, Annual Season Ticket Loan, Bi-annual Cycle to Work Scheme, Retail / Restaurants Discounts & Cashback Scheme, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!