Web Application Developer
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Developer is primarily responsible for:
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building out new API components following OpenAPI Specification
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Developing key business systems aligned with product roadmap deliverables
- Working effectively with other developers and technology leaders
- Identifying potential issues, proposing solutions, and collaborating with other team members to determine the best resolution
Experience and Skills Required:
- Hands on experience with front-end web development, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Thorough understanding of NodeJS and/or React.js and their core principles
- Hands on experience working with REST API Web Services
- Ability to review and approve code submitted by other team members
- Comfortable with adherence to lean / agile development methodologies
- Comfortable leading or working with others on projects
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable speaking with managers, colleagues, and customers
- A passion for making a difference, by helping colleagues and customers
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience with common development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, JSONSchema, etc.
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as Jest and React Testing Library
- Knowledge of React hooks and functional components
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with AWS services and management, including DynamoDB, Lambda, and API Gateway
- Experience building a serverless, microservice API
- UI/UX Design and best practices, with an understanding of responsive, mobile-first
- Experience with logistics, warehouses and IT service delivery
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!