Principal Engineer - Big Data Analytics
We are looking for software engineers to join the team responsible for petabytes of data, such as events from real-time bidding traffic or from serving media content. Every day we ingest data streams from around the globe, process terabytes of data and provide them to other teams (Machine Learning, Analytics etc) within the company, as well as build analytics and insights into the data for our customers.
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable batch and real-time distributed data processing systems
- Daily use technologies such as YARN, HDFS, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Hive, HBase, OpenTSDB, Vertica
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the road map, take ownership and responsibility over new projects
- Optimize performance and resource utilization on large production clusters
- Maintain and support existing platforms and applications, evolve them to newer tech stacks and architectures
- Contribute to open source projects
- Experience and enthusiasm for distributed data processing at scale, eagerness to learn new things
- Exposure to the whole software development lifecycle from inception to production and monitoring
- Fluency in Java or solid experience in Scala
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Nice To Have
- Experience with large scale / multi-tenant distributed systems
- Experience with columnar / NoSQL databases
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Salt, Ansible
- Experience with debugging and tuning JVM garbage collection and memory problems
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.