Mid/Senior Software Engineer - AI & ML
The machine learning team sits at the heart of our technology and delivers on the core brand promise of bringing rocket science to make advertising more rational and effective.
What you will do:
Zeta Global’s technology platform supports a real-time bidding system that handles over 100 billion events every day, a reporting system that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data in real-time, and a learning system that applies machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to over 40 petabytes of data. These systems all work in harmony so that Zeta Global can serve the right advertisement to the right user at the right time.
The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning team’s work sits at the core of our technology as the key decision-making agent for our systems. We research and develop the algorithms and models that make our software intelligent, as well as design, implement, and maintain the code that powers our production systems.
Some of the problems we work on include:
- Propensity Modeling: How do you use the rich data we have about users to make predictions? How do you handle conversion events that are extremely rare, such as purchasing a car? How do you deal with cold start problems?
- Bidding Strategies: How do you translate a click or conversion score into a bid? What if it’s a first price auction, second price auction, or auctions with dynamic floors? How do you take into account pacing for hour of day, day of week, and special holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas?
- A/B Testing: How do you ensure that the comparison will be fair? When is a result significant? How do you weigh across many different campaigns?
Who you are:
- Experienced in JVM-based languages both object-oriented and functional programming (preferably Java & Scala)
- Fluent in one or more scripting languages, preferably Python
- Have ability to write clean, concise and modular code
- Experienced with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, Gitlab CI
- Experienced with orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- An excellent oral and written communication in English, passionate about interacting with other engineers to help them understand and use your systems
- Experience with or strong interest in developing and deploying practical machine learning models
- Must not fear of statistics
- Independent engineer, capable of owning projects from an idea to design and final implementation
Nice to have:
- Experience with building enterprise grade machine learning and data platforms
- Experience in building HTTP and GRPC APIs
- Experience with services like Spark, HDFS, HBase/Scylla
- Experience in an e-commerce or digital advertising technology business
- Familiarity with agile and working in a remote team
What you might like about this role:
- Working in collaborative and multicultural team with reliable engineering support
- Great deal of freedom and trust. Choose your preferred way of delivering on agreed results
- Competitive package with stock options
- Pension contribution 3% of monthly gross salary
- Apart from 25 vacation days, additional 5 paid sick days
- Clearly defined projects with solid support from product. Ability to prioritize internal projects for improving developer’s experience
- No long approval processes
- We value your focus time very much. Thus, we offer healthy meeting policy with clear agendas.
- If you happen to be in the office, it is very calm and composed of engineers only.
- Flexible working hours. Remote work and home office are popular (also when there is no pandemic happening).
We work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies to solve these problems, including Yarn/Hadoop (close to 2000 nodes), Spark, Hive, HBase/Scylla, Airflow, Kafka and Storm. We program mostly in Scala, Java, and Python.
We are looking for talented, intellectually curious, and motivated individuals who are interested in tackling the challenging problems. We are hiring for all levels with compensation and role depending on experience.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.