Technical Accounting Manager
Technical Accounting Manager who can move fast and learn quickly to help solve technical accounting issues for emerging significant, non-routine, and unique transactions. As a Manager in our growing and dynamic team at Zeta, you will be responsible for understanding the finer details of proposed or executed transactions through review of available contracts and agreements and collaboration with key cross-functional business partners including our US and International Accounting teams. You will leverage your experience researching relevant accounting guidance to identify key accounting issues and to propose accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions. Your ability to communicate concisely and effectively, will inform all key stakeholders in Business, Legal, and the broader Finance organization of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background.
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment, including internal control considerations, for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements, including in the deal structuring.
- Prepare or review technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions
- Proactively partner and collaborate with accounting operations, other finance functions, key business stakeholders, corporate development, internal audit, external auditors, accounting standard setters and regulators to support the preparation and review of precedent setting accounting positions, policies, and financial statements
- Provide insight to or participate in preparation of new or existing accounting policies based on evolving industry standards and best practices and drive changes in those areas.
- Monitor, understand and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements in areas of focus to assist key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications
- Facilitate trainings on relevant accounting topics to Zeta personnel
- 5+ years of Technical Accounting experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- CPA, or equivalent qualification with US GAAP experience
- 3+ years of experience at a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of issues
- Experience working through ambiguity to communicate clear accounting positions and operational solutions
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Zeta
We are committed to building diverse teams with different identities, backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe in providing a forum to connect at Zeta, to learn and celebrate differences. Our mission is to ensure we have an environment that enables a deep level of trust and belonging, so everyone feels invited to bring their whole selves to work, and to increase both diversity at Zeta as well as in the technology industry.
Zeta considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Zeta discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.