Manager SOX & Internal Controls
Manager, SOX and Internal Controls. This hire will play a key role at the company, reporting to the Corporate Controller. You will leverage your cumulative knowledge to work directly with our co-sourcing firm, management, and our external auditors to create an internal controls/audit program and then oversee the ongoing annual SOX program. You will bring a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating the effectiveness of the Company’s governance, risk management, compliance, and control practices. You will help us collaborate across functional teams such as Finance, Legal, IT, Security, and all functional leadership.
- In collaboration with our co-sourcing partner, assist in the development of an annual SOX scoping assessment and plan.
- Plan and execute efforts to comply with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act which would include developing an implementation plan, ensuring execution across the organization, and facilitating SOX design testing and operating effectiveness of our internal controls
- Working with co-sourced providers, external auditors, IT compliance, internal leaders, and process owners
- Drive efficiencies and enhancement opportunities to existing auditing processes and techniques, using automation and other process improvement techniques and ideas
- Consult company leaders on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes and assess the impact of said changes on internal controls
- Facilitate SOX walkthrough process with business owners, provide meaningful insights and seek to gain broader understanding of their current processes and decisions making activities
- Work with business partners and consultants to document key processes and controls, and related testing. Maintain and improve SOX documentation as needed
- Assess SOX findings / gaps including control weaknesses and monitor timeliness of remediation efforts. Assist business partners with the development of management action plans to ensure compliance objectives are met
- Review and analyze attestations reports (SSAE18) for service providers
- Coordinate/lead training programs as it relates to internal controls/SOX compliance
- Select best in class software tool to manage all facets of ongoing internal audit and SOX compliance work
- Coordinate and deliver updates and reports to Management on SOX results and propose process improvements
- Assist with ad hoc projects and investigations, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, Information System, or other business related major
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting and private industry, preferably in Software/SaaS
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships across multiple levels of management including communication with external auditors/consultants.
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404, US GAAP applicable to the technology industry, SEC reporting requirements, and PCAOB and COSO/Internal Audit standards
- Strong operational capability and sense of urgency to drive completion of SOX plan and achievement of annual departmental initiatives
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to both do the work and manage other people, while building out the internal control/audit function
- Demonstrated ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced/high growth environment with multiple entities
- Strong international and inter-cultural experience
- Ability to prioritize the most critical areas and issues with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience establishing a SOX controls program that address a combination of financial/operating and technology objectives
- Familiarity with financial systems as they relate to reviewing and improving internal controls
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- One or more current qualifications required - CISA, CRISC, CISSP, or CPA
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Zeta
We are committed to building diverse teams with different identities, backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe in providing a forum to connect at Zeta, to learn and celebrate differences. Our mission is to ensure we have an environment that enables a deep level of trust and belonging, so everyone feels invited to bring their whole selves to work, and to increase both diversity at Zeta as well as in the technology industry.
Zeta considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Zeta discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.