Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic engineer to join our distributed DevOps team. You will work with your teammates on designing, testing, and implementing solutions to improve Zeta Demand-side Platform infrastructure. You’ll be applying your Infrastructure as a Code and hybrid cloud knowledge to implement functionality that adds measurable business value to our fleet of thousands of globally distributed servers (physical, virtual and cloud-based). In addition, you will get to work with a team of extremely talented engineers who develop cutting edge AI solutions for one of the largest companies in the Ad Tech industry.
The ideal candidate is expected to meet tight project deadlines, excel under pressure, work well with others, be self-motivated, and be able to manage short and long term projects. You will also be expected to help to optimize and fine tune the environment and systems for best "uptime" and performance. Excellent communication skills and teamwork is a must!
What you’ll do day to day
- Create automated orchestration and deployment solutions using Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, as well as other open source solutions.
- Write scripts and automation using Python/Groovy/Java/Bash.
- Help fix and redesign major infrastructure fundamental services.
- Assist other engineering groups on their journey to containers/Kubernetes, and to the cloud.
- Understand how IT operations are managed.
What you must have
- Experience with configuration management systems and deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform).
- Experience in a Systems Engineering/DevOps role, or very strong SysAdmin experience.
- Experience developing applications in one of the following: Python, Ruby, Groovy, Go.
- Strong experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on companys' success.
- Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large-scale production issues.
- Critical thinking and good problem-solving skills.
- Be a team player.
- Have good time-management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
What will set you apart from other candidates
- Deep knowledge and experience with following tools and technologies: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Virtualization experience using Open Source tools like oVirt, OpenStack, libvirt, etc. as well as VMWare-based solutions.
- Experience working with multi-cloud and hybrid environments involving one of: AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack.
- Proficiency with continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins and GitLab CI; knowledge of A/B, in-place, rolling and phased deployment methodologies.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM.
- Understanding of monitoring and systems tools like OpenLDAP, Nagios, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Prometheus, etc.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols.
- Basic understanding of storage architectures and design.
- Experience in Ad-Technology space.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.