Principal Backend Engineer
Principal Backend Engineer
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be:
• Responsible for independently and cooperatively understanding business requirements, designing, and implementing core components for real-world marketing automation platform. • Designing, implementing application code to satisfy product requirements • Ensuring high product quality through rigorous code reviews and unit tests • Fixing bugs and implementing enhancements • Taking ownership of a significant product component in design and implementation
• We are looking for exceptional talent with superior academic credentials and a solid foundation in computer sciences and distributed systems design and development.
• The candidate will have had at least 6 years of experience developing scalable, robust software platforms using Java/Ruby/Python or an equivalent language.
• An undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or a related field) from a university where the primary language of instruction is English is strongly desired.
• Strong communication skills in a large distributed development team environment are essential.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of working experience with Python, Ruby and/or J2EE technology or equivalent OO paradigm
• Strong knowledge and experience with Kafka, Elastic Search, NoSQL databases such as Aerospike, Thrift, CI, and AWS.
• Experience working with container-based solutions is a plus.
• Experience working in a fast-paced technology environment.
• Strong object-oriented programming and design skills.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. • Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new tasks.
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Zeta Global Recognized in Enterprise Marketing Software and Cross-Channel Campaign Management Reports by Independent Research Firm