Director Content Marketing
Zeta is on mission to help brands grow by changing the way they connect with consumers for the better. Through our industry-leading Zeta Marketing Platform, we work with enterprise Fortune 500 brands to help them acquire, grow, and retain customers through identity-based data and sophisticated Artificial Intelligence.
We are looking for a strategic and creative Director of Content Marketing to drive a comprehensive content strategy, supporting our brand awareness and demand generation. Leading candidates will be data-driven storytellers that are capable of synthesizing complex concepts into engaging narratives that deliver real value to marketers and position Zeta as a thought leader. They also enjoy “thinking big” and are as comfortable prioritizing strategic initiatives as you are focusing on day-to-day operational details.
This person will report directly into the GVP of Marketing and Communications and partner closely with Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, Data Cloud, Communications, Social Media and our Sales teams. They will also manage one direct report and provide mentorship for content creation.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and develop a content marketing strategy and roadmap to elevate Zeta thought leadership.
- Identify and shape plans based on emerging and future industry trends and content mediums.
- Create, write, and execute best-in-class marketing content, including dynamic landing pages, videos, whitepapers, ebooks, blogs, website copy, and advertisements.
- Translate data into actionable insights and thought leadership that will engage the targeted audience.
- Own, develop, and promote the Zeta Global voice with the intention of being bold and engaging.
- Brainstorm, research, and work with a diverse set of internal stakeholders’ ideas to help create original content that engages targeted prospects, connecting them with our corporate vision.
- Deliver content that receives high engagement and conversion rates.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of content in marketing communications through rigorous quality control, proofing, and data checking.
- Maintain content calendar and provide guidance on how to prioritize competing projects, create trackers, and project schedules/management.
- 7+ years of experience in content marketing related roles OR journalism for a publisher
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker with strong vision and strategy acumen
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual skills, with an ability to personally create high-quality messaging and content.
- Creates an environment of constant improvement that encourages risks and new ideas.
- Experience working with product marketing teams and understanding of product segmentation and audience targeting.
- Proactive self-starter who can thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Comfortable working directly with senior leadership.
- Ability to grasp technical capabilities and translate them into benefits.
- Proven track record of prioritizing high impact activities and keeping complicated projects moving forward, working across cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality are essential.
- Self-starter that isn’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get things done.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics.
- Prior experience developing content for B2B enterprise software, including martech or adtech.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Marketing Automation Tools (Hubspot)
- Experience with project management tools
- Experience with website management
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Zeta
We are committed to building diverse teams with different identities, backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe in providing a forum to connect at Zeta, to learn and celebrate differences. Our mission is to ensure we have an environment that enables a deep level of trust and belonging, so everyone feels invited to bring their whole selves to work, and to increase both diversity at Zeta as well as in the technology industry.
Zeta considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Zeta discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.