Our client is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer, who can contribute in the role of Quality Engineering. You will be working on the Marketing Technologies Team in delivering best in class experiences to our customers. This position requires the candidate to collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines, specifically Product Management and Software Development but also with User Experience Design, Analytics and Business. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement. Responsibilities include owning quality engineering for assigned product features, what translate into the following activities:
- Define overall test strategy for assigned features.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations and help rollout changes
- Define automation strategy and ensure testability
- Write best in class code to automate testing for your assigned feature areas
- Develop deep understanding of the product, engineering processes, tools and concepts in order to effectively narrow down defects. Ability to not only find a defect but also to narrow it down to the root cause.
- This position does require experience to do manual testing as well
- Participates in test design and test systems architecture discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are related to domain area
- Document defects effectively and work with Development team to triage and troubleshoot defects
- Coordinate testing across multiple teams
- Participate in product and technology initiatives and recommend improvements
- Work with other QE engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications describe innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, and result in achievable implementation schedules and a product that meets agreed-upon quality standards
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
- Identify project risks, dependencies and be able to provide alternatives yielding reduced risk
Looking for a customer-focused, resourceful, detail-oriented, adaptable, and flexible individual. The ideal candidate will have solid technical background and ability to provide technical leadership. Your background will include successful collaboration in cross-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve the business goals. You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing. Highly focused individual with the ability to independently come up with comprehensive test strategies and test cases for a given product feature and ensuring that the feature rolls out with no customer facing issues.
- Strong background in math, statistics, machine learning, information retrieval, distributed systems. Experience in scalable data processing is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Java, JS, CSS, HTML, SQL is a must, Python is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end web application flows and tiers.
- Strong knowledge of Java application development and testing.
- Experience needed in WebDriver or corresponding UI automation technologies.
- Experience in Rest APIs preferred (Understanding contracts and developing automation against contracts/mocks).
- Active ownership of resolving various obstacles in testing complex subsystems systems by working with other dependent teams
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time with good quality.
- Demonstrates an exceptional customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
- At least 5 years of experience in software development /quality engineering
- MSCS/MSEE highly desirable, BSCS or BSEE or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required