Senior Software Engineer
As a senior member of the Software Engineering team, you will join the group responsible for designing, developing and maintaining scalable big data platforms. You will implement capabilities and features, improve performance and sustainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. You will collaborate with your fellow Engineers and Product Managers to build the next generation comprehensive, multichannel marketing solution that unifies and unlocks data across digital touch points, driving return on marketing investment.
This position will be responsible for working on the design and development of the next generation of our big data platform, working on technology that enables both real time and batch data processing.
You should have a deep knowledge of distributed systems, cloud and hybrid architecture. You will need extensive design and development experience and passion about working with large amounts of data.
- Work with development teams and stakeholders to provide technical solutions that enable business capabilities
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products used in distributed, large scale solutions
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the road map, take ownership and responsibility over new projects
- Conduct system analysis and code reviews on applications to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization
- Collaborate with peers and other team members to achieve project goals and establish technical standards and best practices for technology advancement
- Maintain a broad understanding of implementation, integration, and inter-connectivity issues with emerging technologies to define data strategies
- Provides input on feature complexity, impact and feasibility
- Contributes to agile process improvements.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or its equivalent in education and experience. We’re looking for someone with 6-8 years of experience in the following:
- Experience in JVM-based languages both object-oriented and functional programming (preferably Java & Scala)
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores (preferably PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Snowflake, Redis)
- Hands-on experience building data processing pipelines, streaming (preferably AKKA, Flink) as well as Batch (preferably Spark) and message frameworks (preferably Kafka)
- Experience building and consuming data from web services such as REST, SOAP
- Experience working with high volume (TB datasets), low latency and scalable solutions in a hybrid environment (on-prem and cloud)
- Hands on experience with microservices based architecture
- Knowledge of distributed system principles, including load balancing, networking, scaling, and in-memory versus disk
- Hands on experience of version control systems such as GitHub, Bitbucket
Nice to have:
- Experience with orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as S3, EC2, EMR, RDS
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins
- Strong scripting ability in BASH/ Python
- Experience in digital marketing industry
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.