Director Business Development - ZX
The Director of Business Development (BD) is responsible for engaging Marketing decisions makers (enterprise brand direct) to create, develop and close new business. The sales role is a hunter role focused primarily on enterprise grade account acquisition and winning business amidst a competitive landscape.
- Engage Executives in targeted prospect accounts -- focusing in on the largest brands.
- Generate business opportunities through professional, dedicated prospecting and cold-calling
- Orchestrate discussions with senior executives around their business needs
- Build a plan to provide digital media solutions to meet the prospects' long term needs as a strategic business partner
- Develop a pipeline of viable opportunities that exceeds quota, and keep abreast of prospects in your territory
- Own the sales cycle - from lead generation to closure
- Drive all aspects of the sales cycle including, proposals, scoping, pricing and contract negotiations, etc
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction and retention together with the Client Development and Account Management teams
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Accurately forecast deals closing on a weekly basis using Salesforce.com
Experience & Education Requirements:
Successful candidates will have a background in digital media sales with a deep understanding of identification graphs, data and measurement, as well as experience leveraging strategic relationships with external partners. Individuals must have a demonstrated sales track record developing and managing regional accounts and a proven track record of forecasting and closing.
Strong candidates must have 8+ years of enterprise digital media experience and have a "consultative" value based approach to selling. Experience with email service providers and working within a fast-paced growing company environment is a plus. In addition, candidates should have:
- Excellent sales skills, lead development and qualification skills – especially at the executive level
- Strong knowledge of Ad-Tech: DMP, DSP, Data Onboarding, Device Matching, 3rd party ad-server, attribution vendors
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including strong presentation/demo skills both in person and via phone/web presentation
- Strong technology skills. Must be able to do complete product demonstration and credibly discuss technical topics
- Marketing platform sales experience a plus
- Stable track record with 2+ years in each organization
- Experience selling in any of the following industry verticals - Retail, Financial Services, Travel, CPG
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Target salary range: $150,000 to $170,000. Actual compensation is commensurate based on experience and skills
- Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock
- Benefits include – medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance (employer-paid & voluntary coverage), 100% employer-paid Short-Term Disability, paid time off (sick leave, vacation & holidays), and more
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Zeta
We are committed to building diverse teams with different identities, backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe in providing a forum to connect at Zeta, to learn and celebrate differences. Our mission is to ensure we have an environment that enables a deep level of trust and belonging, so everyone feels invited to bring their whole selves to work, and to increase both diversity at Zeta as well as in the technology industry.
Zeta considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Zeta discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.