Senior Database Engineer - CRM
The Sr. Database Engineer will specialize in architecting, designing, and implementing solutions that are sustainable and scalable. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of CRM methodologies, with an analytical mindset, and a background in relational modeling in a Hybrid architecture. The candidate will help drive the business towards specific technical initiatives and will work closely with the Solutions Management, Delivery, and Product Engineering teams. In some instances, the candidate may be called upon to join client calls to help architect or influence a solution. The candidate will join a team of developers across the US and India.
- – Will work with the team to onboard new clients onto the ZMP/CDP+ platform. The candidate will solidify business requirements, perform ETL file validation, establish users, perform complex aggregations, and syndicate data across platforms. The engineer will take a test-driven approach toward development and will be able to document processes and workflows.
- – The Sr. Database Engineer will be responsible for analyzing change requests and determining the best approach towards implementation and execution of the request. This requires the engineer to have a deep understanding of the overall architecture of the platform. Change requests will be implemented in a development environment to ensure the introduction of change will not have a negative impact on downstream processes.
- The candidate will adhere to change data management procedures and actively participate in CAB meetings where change requests will be presented and approved. Prior to introducing change, the engineer will ensure that processes are running in a development environment. The engineer will be asked to do peer to peer code reviews as well as solutions reviews prior to a production code deployment.
- – The engineer will be asked to participate in knowledge share sessions where they will engage with peers, discuss solutions, best practices, and overall approach and process. The candidate will be able to look for opportunities to streamline processes with an eye towards building a repeatable model to reduce implementation duration.
- The Sr. Database Engineer will well versed in the following areas:
- Relational data modeling
- ETL and FTP concepts
- Advanced Analytics using SQL Functions
- Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Snowflake)
- Able to decipher requirements, provide recommendations, and implement solutions within predefined timeframes.
- The ability to work independently, but at the same time, the individual will be called upon to contribute in a team setting.
- The engineer will be able to confidently communicate status, raise exceptions, and voice concerns to their direct manager.
- Participate in internal client project status meetings with the Solution/Delivery management teams.
- When required, collaborate with the Business Solutions Analyst (BSA) to solidify requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment; individual will be able to work with a sense of urgency when escalated issues arise.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to multitask and prioritize workload based on client demand.
- Familiar with Jira for workflow mgmt., and time allocation.
- Familiar with Scrum framework, backlog, planning, sprints, story points, retrospectives etc.
- Database - Hands on experience with the following database Technologies
- Oracle 11 or Higher (Preferred)
- MYSQL – Nice to have
- PostgreSQL – Nice to have
- Snowflake (Preferred)
- Familiar with NOSQL DB methodologies (Nice to have)
- Programming Languages – Can demonstrate knowledge of any of the following.
- PLSQL (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Python - Nice to have
- Scala - Nice to have
- AWS – 1- 3 years' experience with the following AWS services:
- EMR (Concepts)
- EC2 (Concepts)
- Systems Manager / Parameter Store
- Understands JSON Data structures, key value pair.
- Familiar with the implementation and configuration of YAML files
- ETL – familiar with ETL concepts whether done programmatically or via an ETL tools such as Talend, DMExpress, Informatica etc.
- Code Repositories such as GIT, WinCVS, SVN.
- Workflow management tools such as Apache Airflow, Automic/Appworx
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ Years' experience
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Self-Starter, highly motivated
- Analytical mindset
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Zeta
We are committed to building diverse teams with different identities, backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe in providing a forum to connect at Zeta, to learn and celebrate differences. Our mission is to ensure we have an environment that enables a deep level of trust and belonging, so everyone feels invited to bring their whole selves to work, and to increase both diversity at Zeta as well as in the technology industry.
Zeta considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Zeta discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.