Senior Software Engineer - DSP
As a senior member of the Software Engineering team, you will join the group responsible for designing, developing and maintaining scalable java applications. You will implement capabilities and features, improve performance and sustainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps.
The Zeta programmatic DSP platform supports a real-time bidding system that decisions on over 200 billion events every day, and analyzes the petabytes of data. These systems work in harmony to serve the right advertisement to the right user at the right time.
- Work with development teams and stakeholders to provide technical solutions that enable business capabilities on our DSP platform
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements and/or new products
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the road map, take ownership and responsibility over new projects
- Conduct system analysis and code reviews on applications to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization
- Collaborate with peers and other team members to achieve project goals and establish technical standards and best practices for technology advancement
- Maintain a broad understanding of implementation, integration, and inter-connectivity issues with emerging technologies to define data strategies
- Provide input on feature complexity, impact and feasibility
- Contribute to agile process improvements
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or its equivalent in education and experience. We’re looking for someone with 4-6 years of experience in the following:
- Deep understanding of Java
- Deep understanding of relational data stores (preferably MySQL) and No SQL (preferably HBase)
- Hands on experience with microservices based architecture
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of the trade-offs between memory, CPU, IO
- Knowledge in Java technologies - JVM, GC, Jit, Maven, Gradle
- Knowledge of distributed system principles, including load balancing, networking, scaling, and in-memory versus disk
Nice to have:
- Experience with orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins
- Experience in digital marketing industry and/or ad serving
- Proficiency with the Spring framework
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.