Political Sales Director
Zeta Global is a data driven marketing company focused on customer acquisition, retention, and growth. We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our political sales team. This position will work to promote our omni-channel (programmatic, email, social, lead-gen) solutions direct to agencies and clients, with the intent of building and growing strategic partnerships. In this role, you will manage the sales process from prospecting to close, while ensuring excellent service and support to prospects and clients. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of meeting measurable sales goals, with a sophisticated understanding of the entire sales cycle. A successful candidate will also possess a contagious and insatiable desire to win and an inherent interest in the ad technology landscape as well as a thorough grasp of client goals in the political, public affairs, and advocacy marketplaces. The ideal candidate will also have an established track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with key media buyers.
- Develop a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals; hit or exceed these revenue goals
- Develop and maintain strong active relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels
- Understand political agency, pollical advertiser, data and vendor landscapes and trends, reporting these to the organization; who are the major players and how they buy
- Understand and effectively communicate Zeta Global’s value proposition, technology, processes, partnerships as it relates to growth of current and prospective client accounts
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the industry and of the biddable media marketplace —past, present, and future
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales activities, including management of the sales pipeline
- Leverage external relationships and personal network to generate sales leads
- Regular involvement in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; to contract negotiation and closing
- Advising and sharing knowledge with internal client teams to assist in crafting and positioning deals for close.
- Possess proven sales skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations and closing new and existing clients
- Hold responsibility and be accountable for Win/Loss reviews on new accounts
- Oversee a portfolio of strategic accounts and monitor changes in key metrics, analyze performance trends and deliver on-going reviews of these items to clients
- Positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong understanding of advertising agency industry
- 5+ years of proven political experience in consultative sales process selling digital media, data and/or SaaS products to agencies and clients directly
- Knowledge of the online media business and underlying technology and research
- Excellent sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships
- Demonstrated track record of success and established relationships
- Strong analytical and consultative skills
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Diligent work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Zeta
We are committed to building diverse teams with different identities, backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe in providing a forum to connect at Zeta, to learn and celebrate differences. Our mission is to ensure we have an environment that enables a deep level of trust and belonging, so everyone feels invited to bring their whole selves to work, and to increase both diversity at Zeta as well as in the technology industry.
Zeta considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Zeta discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.