Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Reporting and Business Data Analyst will work closely with the Salesforce and data teams. You will be responsible for providing operational and strategic level analytical support to various Business Units at Zeta Global. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate excellent judgement, work well under pressure, prioritize effectively, and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently review, prepare, design, and integrate complex (type, quality, volume) data, correcting problems and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions to issues. Review unfamiliar data sources.
- Preparing reports and presenting these to management or clients
- Develop moderate data derivations and apply with complex business transformation rules and data requirements.
- Perform analysis of complex (type, quality, volume) sources to determine value and use. Determine and recommend data to include in analytical projects and provide insights to business partners.
- Create and present moderate (technology and features) data visualization techniques to help support data exploration.
- Lead the operationalizing and automation of complex data (more systems, data sets and streams, size of data sets more substantial) products into business.
- Build, test, and implement complex analytic business processes, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Present and translate complex information in relevant business terms.
- Understands and supports a complex data model, across multiple lines of business
- Understands how sales information is interrelated based on the underlying data model
- Realizes when existing fields are serving similar purposes and help streamline and consolidate processes and fields
- Understands Salesforce-specific data modelling concepts
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- MBA or MS in Finance or Analytics preferred, or equivalent advanced degree or certification
- 5+ years of experience with data analysis, modeling and analytics
- Shows an ability, aptitude, and interest in learning new business workflows and new technologies
- Advanced skills in using various technologies to assist in data analysis, including: Salesforce, Salesforce Data Loader, Tableau, Excel
- Ensures the business meaning behind the data is clear to our development teams, and addresses any needed clarifications in a timely manner
- Understands functional use cases and readily extrapolates them into data requirements
- Understands how business data can change overtime to ensure this is considered in functional use cases, development, and testing
- Ensures historical data considerations are discussed when the team delivers new capabilities
- Reviews static data sets and understands when assumptions are being made that need further business clarifications
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Zeta
We are committed to building diverse teams with different identities, backgrounds and perspectives.
We believe in providing a forum to connect at Zeta, to learn and celebrate differences. Our mission is to ensure we have an environment that enables a deep level of trust and belonging, so everyone feels invited to bring their whole selves to work, and to increase both diversity at Zeta as well as in the technology industry.
Zeta considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Zeta discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.