Senior Software Engineer
The Zeta programmatic DSP platform supports a serving system that handles over 200 billion events every day, a big data system that aggregates and analyzes petabytes of data. These systems work in harmony to serve a right advertisement to the right user at the right time.
What you’ll do:
- Write well organized and tested, secure, performant java HTTP backend services
- Write very brief and simple ETL jobs using Spark, MapReduce, or Hive.
- Improve organization, availability, performance, scalability in application, systems or database layers.
- Work with other engineers closely to improve code base performance (e.g. algorithm redesign), reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency.
- Work with engineers from external companies to integrate systems, using both open and closed specifications.
- Cooperate with operations to provide/maintain/improve tooling needed for large scale advertisement verification and transfer.
What you need:
- A passion for development and technology
- 3-5 years of experience
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures and be able to assess trade-offs between memory vs. CPU vs. I/O vs. database load etc.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge in Java
- S. Computer Science, related fields or equivalent experience.
About Zeta Global
Zeta Global is a data-powered marketing technology company with a heritage of innovation and industry leadership. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur David A. Steinberg and John Sculley, former CEO of Apple Inc and Pepsi-Cola, the Company combines the industry’s 3rd largest proprietary data set (2.4B+ identities) with Artificial Intelligence to unlock consumer intent, personalize experiences and help our clients drive business growth.
Our technology runs on the Zeta Marketing Platform, which powers ‘end to end’ marketing programs for some of the world’s leading brands. With expertise encompassing all digital marketing channels – Email, Display, Social, Search and Mobile – Zeta orchestrates acquisition and engagement programs that deliver results that are scalable, repeatable and sustainable.
Zeta Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.