Manager, International Communications (APAC)
Zendesk is searching for an International Communications Manager that is passionate about positioning the company as a leading provider of software for better customer relationships. Reporting to the Senior Manager of International Communications, this role will primarily focus on managing Zendesk’s PR activities in the APAC region, while helping to support our other regions where necessary.
The International Communications Manager will help drive Zendesk’s corporate and brand communications, help manage a network of global PR agencies, and support public relations campaigns related to corporate announcements, original content/research, and industry partnerships/initiatives. The role is based in our Singapore office.
- Work closely with Senior Manager of International PR to plan and execute a communications strategy for the APAC regions.
- Work with VP of Sales and Senior Director of Marketing for APAC to ensure PR plan for APAC is co-ordinated both located in the Singapore office
- Proactively identify technology trends to devise compelling stories that show Zendesk’s leadership in staying ahead of customer relationships and support software.
- Collaborate with senior leaders from the international teams to develop thought leadership themes and content, and develop key company spokespeople to amplify them with the press and at events/conferences.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant media and influencers, positioning the overall Zendesk brand and specific initiatives and trends in the APAC region.
- Partner with content, marketing, sales and customer success teams to identify and promote newsworthy customer stories, milestones and momentum to drive press coverage.
- Write and edit press materials including announcements, bylines, pitches and presentations.
- Track technology and customer service trends to inform Zendesk’s communications strategy and update as needed.
- Good media relationships in the national press and technology sector, and the media placements to prove it.
- Track record of planning and executing communications strategies across APAC.
- Strong interpersonal, project management and prioritisation skills. Unfazed by change.
- A collaborative, open attitude and a history of working in and/or leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with senior management and the ability to lead and coach them.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a knack for simplifying complex topics and technologies to their essence.
- A minimum of five years of PR experience, ideally in technology with startup experience a bonus whether in-house or working at an agency.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- International experience is a plus.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 87,000 paid customer accounts in 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.