At Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace, to the way we gather, work and create - design is an integral part of everyday life at Zendesk. As a product design team we believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we’re looking for:
A designer whose portfolio demonstrates excellence in solving challenging user experience challenges with simple, empathetic solutions. You’re a clear communicator, keen on experimentation, and comfortable with complex workflows. As a product designer at Zendesk you will collaborate with our global creative team which spans the disciplines of product design, user research, brand and storytelling.
What you get to do everyday:
- Act as a conduit between the Product and Creative teams to solve complex interaction problems, humanize product ideas and develop these ideas into elegant application design
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation
- Design interaction models, wireframes and mid-fidelity mockups that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our products
- Analyze tasks, model information, navigation and flows using UX best practices for web and mobile
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Strike a balance between the practicalities of design and rethinking paradigms that define a new web
- Ideate with all levels of Zendesk to create products that make happier support professionals
What you bring to the role:
- Ability to demonstrate a strong command of written and spoken English
- BFA or similar and a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience designing consumer or SaaS applications
- Proven expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging design concepts
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution
- Deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns
- Insightful design thinking, prolific exploration and a propensity for experimentation
- A strong portfolio that showcases your work, provides detail of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design delivery
Culture and Perks
Zendesk Singapore office is home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathon!
Perks include stocks, flexible working hours, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months paternity leave.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 80,000 paid customer accounts in 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.