Linguistics QA Engineer
As a Linguistic QA Engineer, you will be testing highly technical multi-tiered SaaS products, in our fast-paced development environment, and assuring our product is flawless in the native languages we support. You enjoy figuring out how to make things better, faster, more reliable and you can collaborate with others who can help you in your mission.
Bring your zest for working in a fun company where your participation in making a GREAT product. Being a high growth, global company, you’ll have the opportunity to travel and learn from talented engineers in San Francisco, Melbourne and other Zendesk offices across the globe.
What you get to do every day as a Linguistic QA Engineer:
- Manage multiple product release schedules by communicating to engineers and product managers globally
- Perform creative exploratory QA of new features and products to ensure the non-English user experience
- Provide critical feedback to both software engineers and product managers to improve i18n features and i18n best practices
- Identify and clearly explain software defects through a defect tracking system and interaction with software engineers
- Prepare and implement test plans for linguistic testing by 3rd-party linguists
- Facilitate linguistic testing by linguists and provide support
- Actively engage in the continuous improvement of test practices with a focus on speed, quality and innovation
What you bring to the role as a Linguistic QA Engineer:
- 2+ years of experience in the localization industry and/or manual black box QA
- Native proficiency, both written and verbal, in one of the Zendesk core languages is required - Chinese, French, Portuguese, Dutch & Turkish
- Experience in localization is plus
- Advanced experience utilizing key software user interfaces in the Zendesk core language - this includes - Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, Salesforce, Google
- A passion for suggesting ideas for improvement
- A love for problem-solving, independent research and languages
- Able to learn things quickly and you pick up new skills with little guidance and oversight
- Pride in your work and a strong sense of responsibility
- Able to work as part of a self-directed team, where you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
- Excellent communication skills and a healthy desire for collaboration
Nice to have:
- Experience testing single-page web applications
Culture and Perks
Our Singapore office is the home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathon!
Perks include stocks, flexible working hours, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months paternity leave.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.