Software Engineer in Test
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join our collaborative, AGILE, values based and fun environment.
Zendesk is a beautifully simple Customer Service Platform with over 400 million users worldwide. Our product helps over 75,000 companies global have better, more meaningful relationships with their customers.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you’ll be part of a testing team of passionate engineers working with cutting edge technology, continually thinking outside the box and coming up with creative and innovative solutions. Our main focus is to increase confidence and coverage across all our products and to ensure we deliver the best possible solutions.
Being a high growth, global company you’ll have the opportunity to travel and learn from talented engineers in San Francisco, Melbourne and other Zendesk offices across the globe.
What you get to do every day as a Software Engineer in Test :
- Drive the test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery. Develop effective test strategies.
- Write or contribute to test plans and/or test cases in medium to large sized projects of moderate complexity
- Advocate and educate product/project teams on test design, automation framework use and implementation. Work with those teams to evaluate testability of new features/implementations.
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote best engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, and other quality attributes across products.
- Continually work to incorporate automated tests into our CI and CD deployment pipeline
- Perform creative exploratory testing of new features and products
- Provide critical feedback to software engineers and product managers to improve existing and new features and capabilities
- Work with project teams highlighting and detailing any risks and assumptions identified
- Actively engage in the continuous improvement of testing practice with a focus on speed, quality and innovation
What you bring to the role:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience of test automation development experience
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer in Test, QA Engineer, Automation Engineer, Software Developer in Test, Test Engineer etc
- Experience developing test frameworks with automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Capybara, Cucumber or similar
- Proven experience with automated testing of large scale, distributed web applications
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, collaborative and agile work environment
- A love for independent research and a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest testing practices and automation trends
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, where you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
- Demonstrated creative, innovative and out of the box thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BDD/TDD experience
- Experience in executing and conducting Performance / Load test using Jmeter or other
- Experience testing APIs
- Experience with Sauce Labs
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems or Continuous Deployment / Delivery
- Experience working on open source projects with an active GitHub repo
Culture and Perks
Zendesk Singapore office is home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathon!
Perks include stocks, flexible working hours, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months paternity leave.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.