Payroll Administrator, APAC
Zendesk is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our APAC Payroll team. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will work closely with the Accounting, People Ops and Benefits teams. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for assisting with the management of all payroll cycles and associated tasks.
- Keep abreast with payroll regulatory changes in APAC countries, review and analyse tax and legal regulations (including complex issues such as stock-based compensation), identify issues/implications affecting the company and employees.
- Support processing and disbursement of payroll on time, with a high degree of accuracy
- Plan, coordinate and manage payroll across all APAC countries and ensure that payroll cycles and deadlines at multiple locations are adhered to by all parties involved in the payroll cycle.
- Responsible for thorough review and analysis, accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll for APAC countries in accordance with company policies and local regulatory standards, including liaising with payroll vendors where applicable.
- Responsible for accurate and timely filing and payment of statutory payroll withholding taxes/social security contributions to relevant government authorities.
- Tracks employee share schemes, stock purchase plan and share grants; ensure that employee income/gains from stock purchase plan and share grants are correctly computed and filed in accordance with local regulatory standards.
- Responsible for annual employee income tax filings.
- Resolve escalations by providing root cause analysis and corrective action for complex or non-routine situations.
- Consistently review existing work practices and recommending areas for improvements including workflows, 3rd party payroll vendor competencies, analysis & planning, regulatory compliance etc.
- Prepare month-end journals and reporting integrating to the financial system including preparation/distribution of departmentalised payroll details reports, leave balances, headcount etc.
- Assist in implementation of improvements/enhancements, including working independently with all stakeholders, and achieve high levels of efficiency, accuracy and compliance.
- Providing support to Finance team for both internal and external audits on payroll related accounts, payroll related journal entries and accruals.
- Diploma in Accountancy, Finance or related professional qualification with more than 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior payroll experience (preferably more than 3 years of experience) required
- Capable of working under time constraints and meeting tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and ability to multi-task.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, including the use of pivot tables.
- Ability to accurately manipulate and move data to and from a variety of sources across multiple platforms; ability to query, sort, merge, combine, and summarise.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.