The Solution Consultant (SC) is responsible for all value positioning, competitive and technical aspects of the Zendesk sales cycle. SC’s must be sales focused with technically capability. They must be successful selling to Enterprise and Mid Market executives, and convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the software solution.
The SC will work, in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Executives and their prospects. The SC will take ownership of the value positioning and prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering product information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
- 3 + years of Mid Market/Enterprise software selling experience.
- Strong Customer focus
- Experience mapping RFI/RFP requirements to software solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills.
- Customer Experience Centre background is Desired (and a huge plus!)
- Experience scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Superior solution scoping abilities, using our existing solution and influencing new product development.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple roles.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must; graduate degree is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Obvious passion and people skills
- Previous consulting and pre-sales experience positioning Enterprise class software solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Service Software (ITSM, data warehousing, business intelligence highly regarded).
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 87,000 paid customer accounts in 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.