IT Service Desk Specialist
We are looking for a Global Service Desk Specialist who is a sharp go-getter to act as the face for all things IT as we continue to grow. This is a brand new, autonomous role in our Service Desk team in the Singapore office. You’ll join at an exciting time where you’ll help scale our internal IT infrastructure as we rapidly expand. You’ll support 70+ local users as well as global users remotely.
Zendesk is a global SaaS company and our products help businesses have meaningful and engaging interactions with their customers.
As an IT Service Desk Specialist, you should be a Mac expert, a puzzle solver, be warm, caring, funny, honest, observant, humble, rational and above all else self-aware. To be successful here you should not be shy and be ready to take on any task large or small. Day to day responsibilities can include setting up a new laptops, troubleshooting complex configuration issues or training users.
There’s also the opportunity to use the latest technologies, implement improvements and take on project work as we scale. All this whilst being part of a forward thinking, highly successful IT team that’s highly regarded within the business.
What you get to do every day as an IT Service Desk Specialist:
- As ambassador for IT to our staff at Zendesk you will continue to build the brand of ‘Best in class IT’ while delivering incredible customer service
- With a mindfulness for quality deliverables, align with IT and Facilities resources to execute on requests in a timely fashion
- Communicate and document system and process changes to the business. Translate system functionality into business relevant language
- Ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems, including many cloud-based applications and local hardware policies
- Help provision and de-provision hardware and software including cloud-based applications; licenses and asset life cycle management
- Communicate effectively with both skilled and unskilled Mac users (and a very small group of Windows VM / PC users)
- Maintain currency, expertise and competency of relevant products, policies, and methods for support delivery
- Maintain a sense of humour while working in a fast-paced dynamic team
What you bring to the role:
- Experience supporting Apple Macs, although candidates with a Windows background will be considered
- Previous experience in Helpdesk Support, Desktop Support, IT Support, IT Service Desk support etc
- Experience supporting internal customers is beneficial
- Experience with Casper, Sophos and VMs
- Experience with Cloud tools (such as Slack, Google Apps, Zoom, etc)
- Willingness to experiment with new equipment and new ideas
- Passionate about Apple products and curious about learning how to manage those in an enterprise environment
- Strong team player who understands that customer service comes first before anything else
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make things better
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames
- Thoughtful decision making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Able to meet deliverables and drive your work to completion within specified timelines
- Deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences including your team and IT leadership
- Can work cross functionally in many areas without being constrained by your job function
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun
Culture and Perks
We have 70+ Staff in our Singapore office which is home to our highly successful chat product - Zendesk Chat. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have a yearly company hackathon!
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 87,000 paid customer accounts in 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.