Senior Program Manager
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our team in Singapore.
In this role, you will drive the end-to-end design, development, and delivery of key programs at the cross-functional level. Your job as program manager is to keep releases moving forward, focusing on key milestones for teams within Zendesk Chat Product Development as well as liaising with teams across Zendesk including Product Marketing, Legal, IT, Support, and Sales. You are a great facilitator able to build bridges between teams and people, and you communicate status clearly, concisely, and accurately. You get your kicks by seeing programs you drive run smoothly and efficiently.
What you get to do every day:
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product Management, and the General Manager for the Zendesk Chat product to drive key cross-functional programs with executive-level visibility
- Lead company-wide programs with broad impact, liaising with teams outside of Product Development including Product Marketing, IT, Legal, Finance, Support, and Sales
- Identify and track key milestones to get a program from start to finish
- Set up an appropriate communications infrastructure including cross-functional team meetings, status reporting, and informal conversations to track program status and keep stakeholders up to date
- Drive and facilitate communications between the Singapore team and our other development centers around the globe, particularly with the San Francisco office where Zendesk is headquartered
- Anticipate areas of risk and determine ways to mitigate them, and think it’s fun!
- Cultivate a culture of openness and transparency to increase the likelihood of program success
- Live and breathe these words every day: drive, communicate, streamline, fill gaps, facilitate, negotiate
- Have a positive impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of the company
What you bring to the role:
- BS/BA or equivalent and a MINIMUM of 5+ years in a Software Program Management role
- Experience at a software company driving programs within an Engineering organization
- Proven track record of setting up and driving broad, complex programs across an organization
- Experience driving several large-scale programs in a SaaS environment
- Ability to proactively identify problem areas and then mobilize the right people to solve it
- Strong collaboration, planning, and prioritization skills
- Ability to facilitate efficient and productive meetings that people look forward to attending
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- You lead by influence rather than authority, to build trust across the organization
- An understanding of the challenges faced by cross-geo teams and a willingness to solve them
- A mastery of time management and organizational skills
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
- Ability to establish new best practices for the Program Management Organization
Culture and Perks
Zendesk Singapore office is home to our highly successful chat product. We approach work with calm, focus, a sense of humour whilst keeping sane working hours. At Zendesk we also have a culture where ideas come from the bottom up - we have yearly company hackathon!
Perks include stocks, flexible working hours, $1500 training allowance, medical cover, mobile phone allowance and 4 months paternity leave.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.