The Production Lead position reports to the Manager of the Department and is responsible for assisting the Manager in identifying production issues and managing production workflow. The Production Lead will ensure that any and all Departments assigned to her/him are meeting its quotas and goals in a timely manner, while maintaining product quality and exceeding customers’ expectation.
- With some guidance, lead teams to complete daily tasks and meet department goals
- Monitors order levels and sets daily responsibilities among the team members
- Is responsible for the production of all priority and urgent orders, maintaining100% OTP on these critical orders.
- Model behaviors needed for success in the departments. ie: strong attention to detail, staying focused on assigned tasks, working quickly and efficiently, etc
- Is an effective team player, assists co-workers as needed.
- Requires in depth knowledge and experience working with all products in the dept or comparable external experience
- Knowledge of end product requirements machinery and use of equipment in the dept
- Solid understanding of processes and procedures in the dept
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey key messages
- Comprehensive knowledge of processes and ability to make strong recommendations for process improvement
- Extensive knowledge of product line with the sensitivity to coach and mentor employees
- Ability to motivate employees in a positive manner
- Able to assist in various capacities depending on the need
- Guides and mentors other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and maintain constant organization
- 6-12 months working in a production environment
- Understanding of and experience leading primary manufacturing processes in a production environment
- Ability to motivate and direct a team of employees keeping them on track and meeting production quotas
- Must have a can-do attitude and work well with others!
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Good computer skills; technical abilities a plus!
- Ability to learn swiftly and apply techniques in a valuable and productive manner
- Ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced, high pressure and demanding environment
- Essential for this person to have a professional demeanor and be able to make business savvy decisions
- Some overtime hours may be required