Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Benefits Manager is responsible for the design, policy management, and compliance of multiple Benefit plans that include medical, dental, vision, various leaves types, and numerous other program offerings for employees throughout the organization, as well as the overall-development of the company’s wellness initiatives.
This position will also play a key role in the ideation and development of the organization’s Diversity and Inclusion programs to aid with the promotion of providing a more inclusive and diverse workforce, establish a sense of belonging for employees and guests, and offer equal growth opportunities.
What you'll be doing:
- Coaching, mentoring, and up-skilling Benefits team members to help drive growth, progression, and team output
- Conducting research and analysis on benefit trends for potential changes or improvements to current benefit and wellness programs to reach established goals
- Develop and manage the company’s Wellness Program by creating a menu of wellness services and driving employee engagement
- Developing and delivering benefits and wellness related employee communication materials
- Act as the driving force behind the company’s Diversity and Inclusion initiatives by developing a program focused on workshops, education, and engagement
- Ensuring internal and external benefits-related audits are completed
- Establishing and meeting mandatory regulatory deadlines
- Establishing personal networks within professional societies
- Evaluating service levels against contracted agreements
- Evaluating, recommending, and implementing benefits and wellness programs
- Leading and developing a team of Benefits-focused professionals
- Navigating and resolving escalated employee, system, and plan issues
- Organizing quarterly review meetings and annual vendor summits
- Overseeing day-to-day administration of benefits and wellness processes
- Reconciling existing and projected monthly expenditures against the approved budget
- Reviewing current processes and proposing efficiency and accuracy improvements
- Verifying benefits program compliance with government regulatory requirements
- Verifying the accurate and timely maintenance of employee benefits files and records
- Verifying the calculation of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and maintaining statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs
- Working with external vendors to optimize benefit program results
What you'll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in increasingly responsible benefits-related positions
- Experience researching multi-state benefits legislation
- BA/BS and can show continuing education in Benefits & Wellness
- Certification in Employee Benefits or equivalent a plus
- Strong analytical abilities
- A relentless attention to detail
- Solid Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and across all work groups
- Effective time management
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!