Sr. Analyst, FP&A
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an outstanding finance analyst to join the Zappos FP&A team. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a key role in the business review process and will provide analytical and strategic support to internal business partners as well as our parent company, Amazon.com. You will be challenged to grow professionally by mastering advanced skill in quantitative analysis, and will be expected to use your financial prowess to develop data-driven financial models that provide valuable insights for the business. You will provide written analysis that will be used strategically by senior leadership, and will become an expert at detailing the financial impact of past and future business decisions in a clear and actionable way. You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will have many opportunities to creatively and analytically solve problems amidst ambiguity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design new financial insights.
- Enhance existing financial reporting.
- Present ad hoc business analysis and recommendations to senior management.
- Own corporate finance reporting definitions and ensure uses of those definitions are being used consistently across the finance organization.
- Serve as a liaison between accounting and system teams to drive accurate close.
- Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for system enhancements.
- Serve as Business Partner to internal Circles and management of budget, forecast, resource allocation, and internal invoicing.
- Interact and collaborate effectively with company executives and senior members to collect, build, and model financials.
- Understand strategic business priorities and able to recognize the relationship between workplace results and what caused them.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree required; Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Statistics degree a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of analytical work experience in finance, accounting, e-commerce.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and can work successfully and effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel; SAP, SAP BPC Reporting, COGNOS.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker that is comfortable taking risks.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!