Video Content Coordinator
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Candidates who are comfortable performing in front of the camera and behind the camera preferred. Take a look at some examples of what this position will be like! Click here!
What you'll be doing:
- Recording product videos that include detailed and accurate product information while showcasing Zappos’ core values
- Maintaining video bay equipment including: lighting, audio, camera, and computer
- Utilizing internal inventory control tools to log and keep track of product throughout the entire production process
- Conducting any necessary product preparation work before recording
- Meeting and exceeding productivity standards while working safely, adhering to quality standards, and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Keeping the work area neat and organized at all times.
- Elaborating on pre-written product descriptions to create a script that will engage the customer.
- Collaborating with Merchandise and Content teams to ensure proper product information is conveyed including brand/product pronunciation, features, etc.
- Uploading recorded footage to a server for editing
- Prepping and putting away product when not shooting
What you'll bring to the table:
- General understanding and knowledge of footwear, bags, and apparel.
- Comfortable with being in front of a video camera
- Proficient in navigating video editing software
- Entry-level knowledge of video/photo lighting
- Ability to consolidate product information to create unique and interesting content
- Skilled in being creative while consistently meeting production goals
- Comfortable with repetitive work
- Possessing the ability to work alone for long periods of time
- Skilled in communication and collaboration
- Possessing a “whatever it takes” mentality and jump in where ever the work needs to be done
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
What you didn't know about the team:The team all just recently relocated from Las Vegas. The team member with the longest tenure on the video team has been with Zappos for 13 years! Most videos shot in one day by one VPC is 202 in an 8 hour shift.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!