Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for highly skilled front-end engineers. We work to make sure Zappos.com, and other web properties within the Zappos Family, are maintainable, speedy, and stable. We are always looking for new ways to make things better for our customers, so you will have lots of interesting problems to solve. We love trying new technologies, practices and approaches to be at the forefront of what can be done to meet the company’s goals and priorities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building interactive and accessible UIs for Zappos Family websites using HTML, CSS, JS, and other web technologies.
- Collaborating with diverse teams to plan, prototype, build, and maintain new features.
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
What You’ll Need To Bring:
- 3+ years of front-end development industry experience.
- Expertise with HTML and templating engines.
- Knowledgeable about web browsers, page performance, and the DOM.
- Experience building UIs conforming to web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG).
- Experience with version control (e.g Git).
- Experience with APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architecture.
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Web Development, Computer Science, or combined equivalent of education and/or experience.
What Really Excites Us:
- Expertise with Node.js, Express, SASS (or other CSS preprocessors).
- Exposure to AWS/Azure/GCP, experience is a huge plus.
- Good working knowledge of enterprise-level build/release processes.
- Knowledgeable about other languages like Python, Java, or Ruby.
- Knowledgeable about SEO.
- Comfort working in a *nix environment and using GNU tools.
- 2 years e-commerce experience with a large retailer.
- Web portfolio or showcase of code (e.g. GitHub, GitLab).
About The Teams:
Teams hiring for these positions work on various projects, ranging from core Zappos.com to other e-commerce initiatives within the Zappos Family.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers