Sr. Manager, Finance
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What You'll be Doing
- Build strong partnerships across the organization, as a trusted advisor and team member.
- Assist in the development of company vision and strategy, identifying business opportunities and watch outs, and suggesting the optimal path to execute against and achieve company goals.
- Direct the long range and annual planning processes, aligning with the company’s vision, working with Senior Management and key business partners.
- Assist with the monthly accounting close-performing real time variance analysis, partnering with accounting ensuring that books are accurate and complete.
- Lead the preparation of business cases, monitor investment decisions and performance.
- Drive financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics, analyzing results and trends, providing variance and analysis driven insights and feedback; actively seek to enhance the quality of efforts across the organization, proactively resolve issues and implement change.
- Drive financial education, accountability, and operational excellence throughout the organization.
- Support the business by participating in or leading special projects or analysis.
- Direct the monthly financial forecasting cycle by anticipating business changes and spotting trends, getting key stakeholders aligned on material inputs, completing input models, loading systems, producing reporting, insightful analysis, contingency plans, operational recommendations, etc.
What You'll Bring to the table
- Is passionate about customers/is customer driven.
- Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Can present to all levels of an organization, articulating and sharing ideas that establish credibility.
- Has strong business acumen, analytical, problem solving and quantitative analysis skills.
- Can interpret and use data to make well founded business decisions, but also be comfortable and confident making decisions about abstract topics or in the absence of data.
- Attention to detail and has a bias for action.
- Is a self-directed, self-starter, who is proactive, and can appropriately reorganize priorities calmly, positively, and confidently, with ninja-like skills, in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
- Takes ownership of tasks and approaches them strategically.
- Can think from 0 to 60k feet and everywhere in between.
- Has an active awareness of and ensures accurate books and records persist- possess a solid understanding of accounting. CPA a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business discipline like accounting or finance, MBA a plus.
- 6+ years in progressive accounting and finance roles.
- Experience using business intelligence tools.
- SAP FI/CO/BI/BPC experience a plus.
- Microsoft excel guru; Advanced MS office skills.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!