Software Engineer Back End
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you will be doing on a daily basis:
- Improving, debugging and maintaining a suite of microservices that power personalization across Zappos sales channels. Thinking about scalability, monitoring and security 100% of the time.
- Adding new microservices to address newly discovered customer pain points.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists and Infrastructure Engineers to productionalize new machine learning models.
- Standing on the front lines to help solve the problems of the day. Not being afraid to dig into the details.
- Learning the ins and outs of AWS, including ways to use it you never realized were possible.
- Working directly with Senior Software Engineers and receiving mentorship and guidance along the way.
- Working in a relaxed atmosphere full of a diverse set of people and skills.
What you bring to the table:
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- You have experience building and deploying applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc).
- A personal Github with side projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java and Spring Framework is a big plus.
- You enjoy problems that require 'digging'.
- You have an insatiable desire for knowledge.
- You’re not afraid to bring your ideas to the table.
- You think there is a slack emoji for every occasion.
- You like to share interesting tidbits from that Medium post you read the other day.
- You get unreasonably excited when AWS releases new products.
- You like birthday cake...... lots and lots of cake.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers