Senior Software Engineer - Analytics Platforms
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our back office systems team. This role will be focusing on development of our business intelligence platform. The ideal candidate will have experience in driving software features from design to implementation and enjoy development in a software ecosystem that evolves rapidly. Being a strong communicator that is easy going and is well versed in the integration of enterprise applications and platforms is important. You and your team will be responsible for the technical design, implementation, and maintenance of the systems used primarily by our merchandising and marketing teams.
What you'd be doing:
Senior Software Engineer responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- A desire to make work fun and enjoyable.
- Will help architect, manage, and develop the analytics systems.
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business objectives, and define technical direction.
- Ensure operational integrity through visibility, monitoring, and incident response.
- Communicate and coordinate changes to groups outside of development.
What you'd bring to the table:
- A minimum of 6 years experience working on web-based, database driven software.
- Excellent understanding of SQL and a general knowledge of databases.
- Experience with multiple programming languages.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelors in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
What really excites us:
- Experience with distributed systems and nonrelational databases.
- Experience with Java, Perl, or .Net programming languages.
- Masters degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers