IT Support Specialist
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The IT Technician Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the office building.The IT Technician Specialist will also be the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing computer issues. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an established organization that has experienced significant growth recently.
What you'll be doing:
- Handles support requests, tasks, and procedures
- Provides local, on-call, and remote tech support
- Completes tasks and inbound request within standardized SLA timeframes
- Performing technical tasks on hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software such as hardware configuration and software installation
- Resolves inbound tech issues via communication tools such as ticketing systems, live chat, phones, etc.
- Suggests process improvements to management based on field observations; participates in team improvement efforts
- Improves system performance by solving problems and recommending effective changes
- Monitoring and tracking IT hardware inventory as instructed
- Escalate issues appropriately to the correct party as needed, or when action to be taken is not clear.
- Updates and contributes to documentation in order to improve internal team SOPs and user experience
- Able to identify and determine which procedure to use for technical issues by referencing internal documentation and resources
- Trains and mentors new team members and/or employees who are shadowing
- Pursues growth and learning by expanding their knowledge base by participating in educational opportunities
What you'll bring to the table:
- 2+ year of experience in a customer-focused role
- 2+ years Tech Support/Helpdesk experience preferred
- Familiarity with warehouse/FC processes, technologies, and work flow preferred
- Proven understanding of technologies including operating systems, software, hardware, networking, and security
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Industry standard certifications (A+, N+, etc.), or Associate degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!