Talent attraction and Candidate Experience Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
- Set the overall recruitment strategy and oversee all recruiting functions and teams which includes: call center; general and technical recruiters; college recruiting; sourcing and social recruiting
- Lead and energize a team of recruiters and sourcers in proactively sourcing, screening, interviewing, and placing qualified candidates
- Develop and maintain recruiting team progression programs and provide coaching for continuous improvement and growth
- Continually look to be on the front-end of cutting edge recruitment methods and tools to help promote the Zappos brand both internally and externally
- Conduct regular audits of recruiter reqs to ensure team delivering on our SLAs and Candidate Creatively attract top talent in a timely and cost effective manner using multiple sources to advertise and recruit
- Experience metrics
- Manage the operations of the team by overseeing all open requisitions and keep all recruitment efforts current within the SLA’s agreed upon
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization to assess staffing needs and trends
- Attract and nurture relationships with the right people for the right opportunities
- Build strong pipelines of talent through an array of relationships which include universities, professional groups and other talent networks
- Partner with the operations team to identify, develop and report on current recruiting metrics, making recommendations for revised methodology as required
- Monitor effectiveness of recruitment efforts, conduct turnover analysis, and provide detailed reports to track progress and analyze trends
- Build recruitment efforts in social media (to include LinkedIn, Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter) which both promote the Zappos brand, culture and attract talent
- Manage full P&L/Budget responsibility for the Recruiting Teams
- Identify/clarify hiring specifications and competencies, document and confirm principal requirements, and partner with stakeholders in the business and HR to develop hiring strategies to maximize candidate sourcing
- Zappos occasionally uses Temporary Employees. This position will be responsible for supervising the staffing process including overseeing contact with Staffing Agencies and management of rates and contracts and POs
- Assist in development and administration of Recruiting Training Programs. These programs include Interview Skills Training, Recruiter/Recruiting Assistant Training, among others to be developed in the future.
- Develop networking and referral base with community organizations, agencies, and schools to enhance Zappos’ image in the community, provide information about Zappos employment opportunities, and to attract qualified candidates
- Help to develop and supervise a college recruiting program, which includes an internal mentorship program
- Make presentations to various external groups on Zappos as an employer, acting as a brand ambassador for the unique Zappos Culture
- Address inquiries from various groups on Zappos’ recruiting practices
- Supervise and monitor hiring and on-boarding process to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and SOX.
- Manage career page (jobs.zappos.com) and enhancements to the page
- Partner with/oversee the Immigration Specialist to create a WOW candidate experience for candidates seeking immigration/sponsorship support
- Oversee the development of best candidate experience protocols and metrics
- Other projects/duties as assigned, or that we forgot to mention
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years recruiting experience to include 3 plus years of recruiting management experience
- Knowledge of basic employment law and HR practices
- Experienced in behavioral based interviewing, pre-employment testing, social media recruiting and other innovative selection methods
- Ability to understand and interpret data as well as the ability to make recommendations and take action utilizing that data
- Ability to assess staffing needs and develop recruiting and sourcing strategies to meet those needs
- Ability to assess intangible aspects of candidates accurately (candidate’s fit with the job and with the company culture)
- Ability to motivate and lead a recruiting team to meet the talent needs required to continue the success of Zappos
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly energized and open environment that is constantly changing
- Comfort and confidence working with all levels of management
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize efficiently and multi-task
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Internet savvy.
- Ability to self-directed and take initiative
- Solid presentation and speaking skills to a wide range of group sizes
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to plan ahead and identify potential future problems
- Must have solid interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!