Product Information Associate
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
- Measuring apparel that is received for photo shoots
- Entering necessary product information, including but not limited to measurements, material information, and care instructions, for merchandise sold by the organization
- Utilizing inventory tools when processing merchandise
- Tracking and reporting processing metrics
- Enjoy working hard
- Full of energy for the things one sees as challenging
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
- The ability to remain calm when dealing with unforeseen constraints.
- Can handle stress
- The knowledge and ability to work with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
- The understanding of specific, product information for the merchandise offered by the organization.
- Understands the different product categories offered by the organization (e.g. Kids' Apparel, Men's Footwear, etc.)
- Possesses knowledge of key terminology for each product category
- Understands any measurement information/requirements for each product category
- Possesses knowledge of the development or manufacturing procedures/processes for merchandise in each product category
- Understands the basic, intended purpose and capabilities for merchandise in each product category
- Possesses knowledge of the different resources available for brand/vendor specific product information
- Understands the approximate lifespan of merchandise in each product category
- Possesses knowledge of any care or maintenance requirements for merchandise in each product category
- The ability to organize and plan how to divide your time between specific activities.
What you didn't know about the team:
- If our entire team stood on each other’s shoulders we would be as tall as a brontosaurus
- Collectively we can harmonize, when needed, to any Hall & Oates tune
- We discovered what actually came first between the chicken or the egg - you find out when you get hired
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!