Sr. Analyst , Merchandising Strategy
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
We have a relentless focus to shape the experience to be fun and intuitive for Zappos customers. Our most valuable attributes are the people that make up the team. We embrace the Zappos core values so you should apply if you are not afraid to create a little fun and weirdness! We value diversity and want to make our team as inclusive as possible. We do this by building strong relationships through open and honest communication. We value people that are not afraid to take risks and quickly learn from mistakes.
Who We're Looking For
The Merchandise Strategy Senior Analyst is a self-motivated individual who is comfortable owning highly-visible projects. This person has the ability to conduct research leveraging multiple data sources and accurately synthesize large sets of data to proactively identify issues and opportunities for growth. To be successful in this role, this person must be able to develop and manage the execution of strategic plans and initiatives while partnering with internal stakeholders to build realistic growth plans and influence organizational alignment. Additionally, this person must be eager to lead and proactively looks for opportunities to take on big projects and guide/mentor team members.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values
- Partner with teams across the organization to accurately synthesize economic, industry, market, product and consumer trends to build and deliver realistic growth plans
- Analyze large data sets, competitive benchmarking, and market research to inform the strategy and development of the annual financial plan
- Develop annual customer-centric Merchandising Strategy with guidance from Merchandise Strategy Manager
- Manage deployment and execution of the Merchandising Strategy and other key initiative through the development and ongoing support of strategic roadmap tools
- Drive organizational change through cross-functional collaboration and the ability to influence others
- Contribute to growth of the team by leading process improvement and actively surfacing relevant industry developments
- Delivers exceptional quality, superior execution, and sets high standards for self and others
What You’ll Need To Bring
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of analytical experience required
- Strategic mindset and highly analytical thinker with sound business judgement
- Skilled at synthesizing large data sets and turning findings into actionable insights
- Experience managing and executing projects from conception to completion
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with ability to deliver presentations to audiences at various levels
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer or brand or background in strategy, consulting, or market analytics
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!