Senior Manager of Retail Operations
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting retail operations leader to support our 3 retail locations and any future expansion plans. You will support the company in developing operational infrastructure, retail SOPs from inception and lead the Zappos! Louisville liquidation efforts in generating maximum cost recovery and reducing overall loss. You will develop and ensure store experience standards to deliver WOW! through service.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute a strategic approach to maximize liquidation opportunities as well as a lean supply chain P&L in order to create efficiency and generate benefits to the bottom line financials
- Drive operational excellence and profitability through analyzing data, reducing in-store shrink and ensuring initiatives are fully executed
- Complete financial ownership and leadership for Zappos! Ky retail and liquidation P&L
- Collaborate with store manager in areas such as risk management, security, cash controls, employee coaching and performance issues
- Supervise and provide support in all operational responsibilities to ensure the timely execution of markdowns, transfers, replenishment, shipping and receiving in order to maintain inventory accuracy and ideal product flow
- Drive supply chain initiatives in store by monitoring merchandise flow, receipts and plan.
- Inventory management of 2nd and 3rd quality inventory including inventory review and development of daily operational targets for store replenishment and/or jobber removal
- Ensure maximization and effectiveness of storage and capacity of all product categories to include sales floor and back of house
- Coordinate with Operations team on product flow and operational procedures for instore events (sale periods, clearance and any other promotional times)
- Set clear goals and expectations and hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence
- Highly analytical with the ability to distill qualitative insights from internal and external data sources
- Leverage data to support fact-based decision making and development of best practices
- Create a high performance culture by setting clear expectations, analyzing performance and giving appropriate and prompt feedback.
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules.
- Lead merchandising efforts (visual, pricing, layouts, etc) to drive traffic to the store to meet customer expectations
- Drive merchandising decisions between store locations to maximize cost recovery
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5-7 years of experience in Retail Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with and leading cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and improve processes
- Strong background in merchandise presentation
- Excellent analytical skills; experience analyzing retail store KPIs
- Experience in a high growth start-up environment.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!