Retail Store Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos! Louisville is looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-focused Store Manager to lead a premier retail location in Louisville, KY. The ideal candidate can drive all aspects of the marketing strategy, traffic generation, merchandising, pricing strategy, and operational execution of the retail business in order to create a one of a kind customer experience, and ultimately deliver operating profit for the overall company. The ideal candidate brings a contagious can-do attitude to work, and has demonstrated success in driving end to end strategy and results. If you are interested in running your own business, developing high functioning teams, and building something truly unique, then this opportunity is for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Create a unique and memorable customer experience through merchandising and store operations. Deliver WOW! through service
- Develop and manage a promotional calendar along with a marketing strategy to ensure strong traffic flow to store while also staying on budget
- Aligning the strategic vision with tactical KPIs and mechanisms to drive sales, profit, and overall performance
- Hire, develop, and lead a high functioning team committed to operational excellence
- Plan and maintain proper staffing levels to support volume variations and financial targets
- Collaborate with the Warehouse Management Team on inventory curation and process improvement initiatives
- Maintain visual standards, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting, and general maintenance
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Retail Planning, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of management experience. Leadership experience in a brick and mortar retail environment is preferred
- Track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape, while handling multiple responsibilities
- Capable of both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising and retail operations
- Senior presence with strong administrative, organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Ability to leverage data to influence others and drive the decision-making process
- Develop and manage KPIs that tie into P&L performance
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan
- Able to work a flexible schedule - store will be open 7 days per week and Holiday season will require extended hours
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!