Senior Front End Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Digital Customer Experience team at Zappos enables customers to quickly and efficiently discover products and make purchasing decisions on the home, landing, search, and product detail page experiences. We’re a diverse group of engineers, UX designers, and product/project managers creating, testing, and iterating on next-generation shopping experiences to build an easy-to-use, performant, and reliable shopping platform for our customers.
Who We're Looking For
We’re looking for an experienced and highly-skilled front-end engineer that lives and breathes web standards, has a passion for accessibility, and raises the bar in creating cross-browser, responsive UIs that serve millions of page views per day.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Building interactive, accessible, performant, and secure UIs for Zappos.com and/or other web properties within
- the Zappos Family, using HTML, CSS, JS, and other web technologies.
- Collaborating with diverse teams to drive, plan, build, and maintain new features.
- Leveraging your expertise by coaching and mentoring others.
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
What You’ll Need To Bring
- Minimum 5 years of front-end engineering industry experience.
- Expertise with semantic HTML.
- Mastery in creating responsive layouts using CSS.
- Intimate knowledge of web browsers, page performance, and the DOM.
- Experience building UIs conforming to web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG)
- Experience with version control (e.g Git).
- Extensive use of APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architecture.
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or combined equivalent of education and/or experience.
What Really Excites Us
- Expertise with React, Redux, JSX, SASS (or other CSS preprocessors).
- Knowledgeable with other languages like Node.js, Python, Elixir, or Ruby.
- Experience with SEO.
- Comfortability working in a *nix environment and using GNU tools.
- Senior Front-end Engineer
- Exposure to AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Experience with a large e-commerce retailer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers