Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Buyer is responsible for managing a portfolio of apparel and accessories brands through the ordering of new products, analyzing/managing stock levels, negotiations, and the maintenance of products, vendor relationships, and profit analysis. The Buyer is also responsible for mentoring junior Buying team members
Who We're Looking For
If you are someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, working with top brands within a business unit for the organization to sell to its consumers, this role is for you. You will get a chance to collaborate with sister-site counterparts to improve the total business in addition to running sales and inventory reports for buyer categories.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values
- Analyzing product categories and styles for vendor meetings and market appointments
- Traveling, when necessary, for market trade shows and vendor appointments when safe to do so
- Developing and cultivating healthy and collaborative partnerships with vendors
- Translating and relaying the organization’s direction to vendors
- Participating in vendor negotiations
- Reviewing supplier and portfolio performance
- Informing forecast direction with analysts for portfolio brand
- Creating and managing a merchandise assortment that meets the needs of the portfolio and organization, utilizes breadth and depth, fills product voids and niches, and maximizes on any missed opportunities
- Focusing on developing brand growth and sharing best practices with other Buying team members
- Utilizing the different sales channels available to drive sales in their portfolio
- Coordinating with appropriate parties (e.g. Marketing) to help drive sales within their portfolio
- Directly manage marketing opportunities for portfolio brands to drive sales
- Collaborating throughout the Buying division and organization to help drive initiatives
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior Buying team members
- Reviewing current systems and processes and proposing efficiency and accuracy improvements
- Promoting and suggesting ways to improve interpersonal relations and morale within the Merchandising division
What You’ll need To Bring
- A minimum of 5 years of merchandising experience
- Experience with reporting data/metrics
- Proven working experience in a solutions/problem solving based environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Marketing, Merchandising, or relates field of equivalent
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
- Preferred previous buying experience
- Experience with business or operations analysis.
- Experience in buying a 10m+ apparel/accessories portfolio
- Experience in the performance, athletic, or outdoor categories in apparel/accessories
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!