Sr. Marketing Analyst
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
As part of the Marketing team as a Sr. Marketing Analyst, this position will be highly involved with the day to day decisions of Marketing. The Sr. Analyst will assist in using data to help better understand customers through various programs, and campaigns. Using predictive analytics to understand future growth of programs and build targeting campaigns to help increase ROI of programs.
With a background in statistics, data mining and/or marketing this position will have many opportunities to work with all levels of management, and develop well thought out strategies for Marketing in the future.
What you'll be doing:
- Can craft a cogent narrative based on data.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise and confidence in driving business decisions using data and business acumen.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to Marketing campaigns for both the Marketing as well as the Business Development teams.
- Create reports that provide actionable insight to marketing and Business Development teams.
- Identify weak areas of the business and develop solutions to the problems.
- Pre/Post Business Development decisions, understand the core customer segment that we are targeting and calculate lift in revenue and recommendations for future business decisions.
- Utilizing social media tools, measure lift in social media customers spend, and how to better target similar customers.
- Perform insightful analyses by integrating internal and external data sources to predict customer behaviors for different programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with SQL, SPSS, and/or SAS.
- Participate in defining and conducting research and analysis in order to create data-driven insights about customer behavior from all aspects of the business including but not limited web data, historical behavioral data, demographic data, and macro economic indicators.
- Think outside the box to come up with new insightful and innovative ways to answer questions.
What you'll bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's degree in an analytical or technical field, such as math/statistics, economics, research, information services, marketing analytics, and/or computer science.
- Experience working with databases.
- Strong experience working with data and deriving business solutions using data.
- Good understanding of brand and direct marketing.
- Solid analytic and problem-solving skills, detail oriented mind set and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong presentation skills and able to interact with all levels of management and all users at different technical levels of expertise.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!